Colorado Duties of the Congressional District Liaison
1.Works under the general direction of the Colorado Federation 2nd
Vice President for Legislation to solicit and gauge the collective will of NARFE members in the congressional district.
2.The Colorado Federation President will make appointments to the position for
each 2-year session of Congress beginning January 1 of the first year and ending December 31 of the second year. Appointees are expected to serve the entire 2-year congressional session.
3. The Congressional District Liaison (CDL) will reside and is a registered voter in the congressional
district to which appointed as the CDL.
4. Arranges for
periodic meetings with the US Representative and/or staff to advocate for NARFE issues and to gain the Representatives
sponsorship or co-sponsorship of issues that NARFE supports.
5. Provides feedback from the US Representative and/or staff to NARFE members within the district.
6. Attends NARFE-PAC events as determined by the 2nd VP for Legislation.
7. Notifies NARFE members in the district of periodic meetings, town hall meetings or other events
in which the Representative is participating.
Encourages NARFE members to wear NARFE attire
(baseball caps, golf shirts, etc.) when attending these events.
8. Attends the NARFE annual Legislative Training Conference and other training specific to national legislation. The Colorado Federation will make every effort to fund, at least partially, attendance at
these training opportunities.
9. Provides a follow-up report
on congressional meetings and events to the Colorado Federation President, 2nd VP for Legislation and the
NARFE Legislative Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Reimbursement of travel expenses for round trips of 10 miles or more at the rate of $.50 per mile may be made
by filing an Expense Report with the Federation Treasurer.