Colorado Duties of the Congressional District Liaison
1.Works under the general direction of the Colorado Federation Vice President for Legislation to solicit and gauge the
collective will of NARFE members in the congressional district.
Colorado Federation President will make appointments to the position for each 2-year session of Congress beginning
January 1 of the first year and ending December 31 of the second year. Appointees are
expected to serve the entire 2-year congressional session.
3. The Congressional District Leader (CDL) will reside and is a registered voter in the congressional district
to which appointed as the CDL.
4. Arranges for periodic meetings
with the US Representative and/or staff to advocate for NARFE issues and to gain the Representatives sponsorship
or co-sponsorship of issues that NARFE supports.
feedback from the US Representative and/or staff to NARFE members within the district.
6. Attends NARFE-PAC events as determined by the VP for Legislation.
7. Notifies NARFE
members in the district of periodic meetings, town hall meetings or other events in which the Representative is
participating. Encourages NARFE members to wear NARFE attire (baseball caps, golf shirts,
etc.) when attending these events.
8. Attends the NARFE annual
Legislative Training Conference and other training specific to national legislation. The
Colorado Federation will make every effort to fund, at least partially, attendance at these training opportunities.
9. Provides a follow-up report on congressional meetings and events to the Colorado
Federation President, VP for Legislation and the
NARFE Legislative Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Reimbursement of travel expenses for round trips of 10 miles or more at the rate of $.50 per mile may be made
by filing an Expense Report with the Federation Treasurer.